Senior Medical Adviser - Women's Health
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Strategic Management/Planning/Organisation
- To assist in the formulation and planning of UK strategy for life cycle management of specified marketed Bayer products.
- Accountability for agreement of Country Medical Affairs Plan with Global medical Affairs, and delivering plan in designated therapy area(s)
- To contribute to the design and conduct of ICDP, ICMP and domestic clinical trials conducted in the UK
- To assist in the prioritisation of projects. To act as a first point of contact between R&D and commercial function at UK and Global level.
- To provide medical support for local and international regulatory activities.
- To provide clinical leadership in obtaining health technology approvals for Bayer products, in partnership with Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
- To assist in issue management for Bayer products, including media contact where needed
- To assist with planning and management of IIR/Registries and other Phase IV studies as appropriate
- To identify and tackle obstacles and problems in projects and studies.
- To liaise closely with key opinion leaders and investigators to solve problems
- Work to schedules and negotiate necessary changes in line with compliance, commercial, regulatory and development needs.
- Manage and assess information to provide high level technical and medical input into strategic and tactical planning.
- Be aware of sources and methods of managing data.
- To be lead author of final reports for clinical studies and to manage the subsequent investigator publication of multinational and domestic clinical studies.
- To author publications where necessary in line with Bayer Global Publications Policy.
- To provide appropriate medical advice on marketed products and clinical trials for investigators, prescribers, pharmacists and members of the public outside normal office hours.
- To make (and maintain) contact with investigators and key opinion leaders. Ascertain customer needs, delivers within time frames.
- Provide input at a Global level i.e. through RMAT/GMAT for all relevant product/therapeutic area(s)
- To develop, approve and deliver Sales Force training as required.
- To liaise as required with patient groups, in line with appropriate regulations and SOPs.
- Continuous Learning/Knowledge Attendance at local, Global and International strategic planning meetings as appropriate. Attendance at international conferences. Attendance of other symposia and training courses.
- Using literature and other media to gain necessary background and current expertise. Able to become familiar with varying therapeutic areas according to need.
- To keep updated on ICH-GCP, ABPI Code of Practice
including allied issues.
Who you are
- Fully GMC registered medical practitioner with a minimum of 2 years post-registration
- Proactive team member, able to delegate tasks in a timely and appropriate manner within the team.
- Works effectively within, and lead a variety of medical, cross-functional and ad-hoc teams at local, national and global levels.
- To be able to identify and respond positively to changing customer and organisational needs.
- Women's Health experience is desirable but other Therapy areas will be considered.
Other Medical Advisor roles are currently available in Oncology, Cardiovascular and Ophthalmology
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary, car benefit and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
If you would like more information please email the team at Resourcing_uk@bayer.com
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.