Senior Medical Adviser - Ophthalmology
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Act as member of the multidisciplinary brand team
- Help guide the strategic direction in therapeutic areas
- Distill clear content from the wealth of scientific data
- Help create convincing communication concepts in cooperation with marketing and external partners
- Contribute to the content of promotional materials
- Approve promotional materials in line with ABPI Code of Practice
- Develop good relationships with key opinion leaders
- Answer medical questions concerning products
- Train sales force regarding medical aspects
- Leading scientific advisory boards
- Contribute to a flow of relevant publications and creating a review of relevant publications
- Contribute to the digital strategy
- Help marketing and sales force drive the business
- Medical degree, full GMC registration with minimum 2 years post-registration clinical practice ideally with experience of clinical research.
Who you are
- Ophthalmology clinical experience highly desirable
- Experience in driving and managing the medical strategy for various brands in the pharmaceutical industry
- Clinical research and trial management experience, and be able to interact authoritatively with key stakeholders and investigators
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills and to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events
- Independent, self-driven, pro-active, extrovert and dynamic
- Ability to form relationships quickly and have demonstrable persuasive abilities
- Highly effective communicator in English, both orally and in writing; can get ideas across one-on-in, in group settings as well as in presentations
- Exceptional leadership capabilities; ability to motivate. Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong team player and know how to collaborate and engage many stakeholders across a large organization
- Solid negotiation and decision making skills
- Good analytical and numerical abilities
- Innovative and pro-active
- Strategic thinking
- Results-oriented attitude
- Resource management and financial skills to control budgets
- Experience in working with MS office in a Windows environment
- Willing to travel with UK-valid driving licence
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary , car benefit and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
If you would like more information please email the team at Resourcing_uk@bayer.com
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.