Senior Government Affairs Manager
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Good understanding or ability to understand the impact of public policy activities in a commercial environment and leading a company response
• Experience of leading the development and implementation of government strategies
• Leading projects in cross functional teams and external agencies
• Good internal and external stakeholder relationship management skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to translate complex scientific data into communications materials for use with key political, policy and advocacy stakeholders
• Knowledge of Parliamentary processes and experienced in delivering government affairs and advocacy campaigns
• Good understanding of health policy or government affairs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills one to one and in groups
• The Government Affairs Manager should be a skilled ‘solution provider’ in market development, able to understand the government’s agenda and provide strategic advice to how this relates to Bayer’s issues, enabling wider market access
• Effective assessment of environmental information sourced from DH, NHS, think-tanks, parliament etc, identifying the critical threats and opportunities for Bayer in our operational environment, advising on and communicating these effectively to relevant Bayer personnel.
• Relationship management – building Bayer as a trusted voice and partner of choice among the key opinion leaders on issues of importance to the business.
• Effective prioritisation of work and efficient time-management.
• Able to work beyond London, as required, across the UK, particularly Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.