Sales Force Excellence Manager
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a partner or trusted advisor for the business, working cross-functionally with colleagues (from other departments) to provide actionable insights for the brand teams to enhance sales force effectiveness
- Optimize the sales processes across the organization by leading implementation of systems, processes and standards to enhance efficiency, as well as drive adaptation of global standards to local requirements
- Proactively review and challenge the status quo: Review impact of sales force activities and give business unit leadership advice on how to optimize their resources
- Administer operational processes such as sales-target-setting (quota-setting), incentive pay-out calculations, target flagging in the CRM (segmentation & targeting), etc.
- Ensure that the CRM system & other SFE tools are fit for purpose and appropriately developed to fulfil the business requirements
- Build a bridge between Marketing & Sales and seek alignment to drive higher sales productivity, leveraging all promotional channels (i.e., champion IMCM uptake)
- Support and empower the sales leadership with training and explanations on how to use analytical tools (e.g., operational dashboards) to obtain meaningful insights
- Support overall sales strategy with continuous improvement measures (i.e., drive operational excellence)
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry (preferred)
- Up to date knowledge of the UK Healthcare system – NHS and Private (preferred)
- Advanced knowledge and work experience in sales or sales management, market analysis, quota-setting (sales-target), resource optimization or reporting system management (preferred)
- Bachelor/Master in appropriate discipline (preferred: economics, business, business engineering)
- Understanding of Closed-Loop-Marketing (CLM), its applications and limitations
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify actionable insights
- Working knowledge of a CRM (customer relationship management) system and SFE tools such as JTD (Javelin Territory Designer), Account Planning tools, SFDC - salesforce.com (preferred)
- Proficient understanding of Master Data Management and knowledge of customer database providers (e.g., Binleys, IQVIA)
- Strategic Mind-set: Anticipates future opportunities and prepares business decisions
- Manages Complexity: Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Communicates effectively: Able to translate complex analytical results into meaningful insights and options for the business to implement
- Drives Results & Good Project Management skills: Ensures accountability and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Plans and aligns: Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Customer Focus: Builds strong networks and delivers customer solutions (anticipates perspectives of stakeholders)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) & advanced interpersonal and influencing skills
You will be responsible for driving operational excellence within the field force, focusing on sales force effectiveness topics (such as segmentation & targeting and operational reporting), across Bayer plc, while driving CRM discipline as well.
You will collaborate with the business & within SMO to make integrated multi-channel marketing (IMCM) a success and in turn support the increased effectiveness of the sales force (and other promotional channels). The job holder will report directly to the Head of Sales Force Excellence, Sales & Marketing Operations.
Focus Areas: Segmentation & Targeting, Territory Sales-Target Setting, Key Account Management, Sales Incentive Schemes, Coaching & Field Force Development, Performance Optimization & Operational Reporting
You will help improve effectiveness and efficiency of the field teams, in light of current and expected challenges (both internal and external) across Bayer plc, covering multiple brands in General Medicine, Specialty Medicine, Radiology, Consumer Health and Animal Health.
In this role, you will be the single point of contact in SFE for team Xarelto & collaborate cross functionally with multiple departments (e.g., Sales, SMO, IT, Marketing, Patient Access) within the organization to act as the link between marketing, business operations (as well as other relevant departments) and the field force. This link and cross-functional working is critical for business success!
Additionally this role requires a high level of autonomy and problem solving together with a degree of proactively to suggest new ways of improving field force effectiveness. In short, ‘a customer focused mind-set’.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
At Bayer reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.