Regional Technical Agronomist - Yorkshire
Your tasks and responsibilities
- To carry out allocated trials safely, efficiently and to a high standard in order to provide useable data for the process of registration of new and existing active substances/products and determine the validity of proof of concept projects.
- In collaboration with Agronomic Solutions, create protocols (forrelevant disciplines) and provide in season support for peers within the Field Agronomist team.
- Actively provide knowledge and observations from field trials on project developments to Agronomic Solutions.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of own equipment to ensure accurate and safe application of chemical to trials sites and maintain storage facility in a professional manner.
- Accurate and prompt use of the SCOUT database, ensuring data is available within one week for Agronomic Solutions and decision making in central functions in order to develop new products as quickly as possible.
- To actively participate in training, motivation and safety of temporary employees.
- To adhere to all applicable safety regulations and procedures and ensure continued compliance with ORETO accreditation.
Who you are
- University degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Horticulture or Biological Sciences; with focus on crop protection
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience
- Knowledge of crops and practical cropping systems as well as experience with field trials and field testing methodology
- Excellent team work skills required
- Good organization and planning skills to manage allocated trial program
- Flexible and reliable person
- Good networking and communications skills
- Familiar with common IT applications including Microsoft Office and database systems
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Car driving license
- BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection
- Relevant competence certificates for spraying
Please note the location for this role is Yorkshire (close to York).
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- International career possibilities
Functional Area: [sap_fa_25]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.