Your tasks and responsibilities
• Takes the statistical lead for an indication, compound and/or therapeutic area.
• Leads cross-functional virtual teams.
• Drives the development and evolution of project, therapeutic area, and global standards.
•Provides statistical and methodological consultation on special statistical methodology or on complex statistical, scientific and regulatory issues and mentors other statisticians and/or statistical analysts.
• Represents the function with respect to statistical aspects of clinical development programs and products to internal and external stakeholders. These include regulatory agencies, collaborations/business partners, KOLs, etc. Keeps abreast of regulatory and methodological issues, anticipates new needs in the area of responsibility and ensures development of innovative solutions.
• Influences decision making processes during drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches).
• Drives development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology. Coordinates work with academic expects on themes related to the field of responsibility
Who you are
• PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics
• At least eight years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector.
• Experience in leading teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions
• High level of expertise in multiple fields relevant for his/her statistics sub-function
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work both, independently and collaboratively with internal and external visibility
• Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and / or R)
• Fluency in English
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
Functional Area: [sap_fa_28]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.