Medical Scientific Liaison (West Ireland) - 12 month contract
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Exchange and dissemination of scientific, educational, and research related information: The MSL plans, partners and engages with TLs as a subject matter expert and colleague both proactively and reactively via various innovative TL engagements tactics and formats to provide dissemination, clarification and education of scientific data, study protocols, meeting abstracts, and professional literature (Both proactive discussions on-label, and reactive discussions for unsolicited off-label questions in alignment with local regulations).
- TL Identification / profiling / segmentation and strategy and engagement planning: In alignment with medical strategy as stipulated in the integrated brand plan, the MSL contributes to internal understanding of specific TL interests, expertise and impact in the medical community at large.
- Participation at / networking in Congresses and Conventions: The MSL uses congresses and conventions to network with TLs, establish new contacts, and gather competitive intelligence.
- Coordination of Scientific Education Activities and Advisory Boards: The MSL plans and organizes scientific training, education events / sessions and advisory boards with TLs within their specific therapeutic area.
- Preparing reports and tracking activities: The MSL submits timely reports of field interactions and events, as well as tracks activities against agreed upon PMP objectives and country medical activity plan.
- Collecting Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) ideas and facilitating IIR set-up: The MSL acts as a point of contact for investigators, facilitating the interface with investigators and appropriate BHC personnel responsible for approval, and communication of study progress and completion.
- Interactions with Medical Societies: The MSL answers medical / scientific queries of Medical Societies with regards to BHC products.
- Market Access: The MSL provides assistance to Medical Advisors and Market Access and supports presentations of new information to hospital formularies and reimbursement decisions makers as required.
- Internal scientific support: The MSL serves as internal scientific expert by selective support to training activities in addition to answering scientific / medical queries by the Sales Representatives (in conjunction with / as a supporting element to Medical Advisors)
- Clinical Research Support: The MSL provides additional support (as required) to support local clinical operations personnel / Medical Advisors with respect to strategic feasibility in company sponsored clinical development studies as well as facilitation of medical affairs interventional and observation studies.
- External scientific support, training and education: The MSL provides additional external scientific support, training & education not covered by other primary activities
Value added to the success of the company
The MSL, through advanced technical competence and refined interpersonal skills, establishes and grows Bayer’s image of scientific excellence and integrity with TLs, institutions and societies in those areas of interest to Bayer by establishing strong, long term, strategic relationships with TLs and professional organizations. The MSL is able to contribute scientifically and implement national, regional and local educational programs, as well as develop publication opportunities. As a conduit for researchers, investigators and TLs, the MSL provides the avenue of most efficient access to all internal departments such as medical affairs, clinical operations, market access and marketing. The MSL is responsible for ensuring primary and secondary objectives within their territory are aligned with medical affairs strategy stipulated in the annual integrated brand plan.
The MSL can address several issues with external customers such as those related to technical aspects of Bayer products, disease state management, pharmacoeconomics, research and publication endeavors and unsolicited off-label product related questions from healthcare providers and researchers.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences, pharmacology or medicine. Advanced degree in science-related field eg. MD, PharmD, PhD preferred.
- 2 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry as an MSL preferred or experience in drug information, clinical research and development, or other clinical relevant activities.
- Basic knowledge of therapeutic area products
- Participated in a project from inception to conclusion
- Understanding of clinical trial design and rationale
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to build productive work-relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work independently and a demonstrated self-starter
- Basic problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization skills with thorough attention to detail ensuring timely follow-through and closure with Thought Leaders and fellow MSL
- Strives to impact individuals and organisations
- Exhibits interpersonal awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Strong statistical skills and ability to extract insights from data preferred
- Academic / scientific writing experience either through educational background and / or job experience
Functional Area: [sap_fa_30]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have any questions regarding career opportunities at Bayer UK & Ireland?
Just contact us directly.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At Bayer UK we have a well established list of preferred suppliers and there are no plans to review these arrangements at present.
Please Note: Speculative enquires from non preferred suppliers directly to the business are not welcome and will be taken into account when reviewing the preferred supplier arrangements. CV's will only be accepted by following our process - this will be with prior arrangement with the Talent Acquisition Team who will grant access to our recruitment portal. In the event of speculative CV's being sent directly to the business, or the Talent Acquisition Team, agency ownership of the candidate will not be accepted.
Please respect how we choose to work. Thank you for your co-operation.