Your tasks and responsibilities
Advancing Life - That’s what we at Bayer are all about.
We put ourselves to the test day in day out. All together. All over the world. With enthusiasm for new ideas.
Bayer has traded in the UK and Ireland since Friedrich Bayer first sold his dyestuffs here in 1871
Today our UK and Ireland region is headquartered in Green Park, Reading. The office serves as home to Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health and Animal Health, as well as our pivotal business and administrative service function. Our Crop Science business is based in Cambridge and our Ireland businesses are based in Dublin.
Contract Management Administration Specialist
Following the implementation of the Contract Lifecycle Management System (CLMS) in the UK and Ireland, we are looking for a Contract Management Specialist to support this new process and associated system.
This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to set the standard for contract lifecycle management in the region and the opportunity to raise their profile with colleagues at all sites.
The successful applicant will ensure that the new process is operating effectively and work with Contract Officers to ensure that CLMS is the only contract management system for storage of contracts in operation within the country group and that it is being used in a compliant manner.
It is also anticipated that participation in the next stage of the contract lifecycle project (pre-signing) will also be required offering exposure to the global organisation.
Please note this role is a fixed term position for 12 months.
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Guide and monitor efficient and effective CM operations and tasks including:
a. Ensure that Contract Officers are managing their contracts in the post-signing phase
b. Provide reports and statistics of system usage and process KPIs
c. Provide training for the process and system to end users as needed
d. Provide process and system support as needed
2. Establish and enforce local process operations, policies, procedures and organizational setup in alignment with local stakeholders (e.g. LPC, finance BPs, CPL management, division managers, etc)
3. Become an active member of the global CMO community with sharing of best practices and project participation; leading projects for the further development of CLMS within the UK & I region
4. Manage and improve daily service operations, responding to service demands and taking appropriate action to resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
5. Work with stakeholders to prepare for the next iteration of the contract management lifecycle.
Who you are
• You will be a self-starter looking to manage a process and system that you can make your own within the global framework.
Attention to detail will be one of your strengths along with the ability manage complex information.
• Experience of Contract Management administration is an advantage but not essential. An equivalent progressive working experience would also be considered.
• You will be able to demonstrate an inquisitive nature and confidence in managing tools and processes.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Ability and confidence to provide training in a variety of formats from WebCasts to face to face.
• Decision making and problem solving skills and ability to interface at senior level both internally and externally.
• Experience with leading major projects and developing strong working relationships with stakeholders and project team member.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
At Bayer reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
• competitive salary and performance bonus
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
• Employee discount scheme
• State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
• International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
If you would like more information please email the team at Resourcing_uk@bayer.com