Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Collaborates with representatives from other functions to plan and execute Oncology Medical Affairs statistical activities (for example post marketing clinical and observational trials, publications, life-cycle management of Bayer products, reimbursement dossiers) and closely works with the Project Statistician to coordinate the all statistical aspects of Oncology Medical Affairs activities at a project level under guidance of an experienced statistician
- Develops the statistical analysis plans for the Oncology Medical Affairs activities as appropriate, ensuring overall consistency within and between projects.
- Performs exploratory analyses on internal and external databases.
- Facilitates the overall organization and coordination of statistical aspects for specific Oncology Medical Affairs activities and small projects
- Leads virtual cross-functional sub-teams within Medical Writing and Statistics Oncology.
- Assumes responsibility for the production and accuracy of the statistical deliverables and interpretation of the results.
- Works independently at routine and complex statistical questions and tasks.
- Develops and implements standard processes for the analysis of routine (parts of) Oncology Medical Affairs requests.
- Oversees and ensures accurate and timely delivery of statistical work outsourced to external providers
Who you are?
• PhD or MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or related field
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required
• Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and R)
• Fluent English skills
• At least two years as a statistician with significant time spend in pharma, biotech or similar sector
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 340821
Functional Area: Clinical Development & Operations