Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Statistician – Reading based with flexible working
Major tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
• Collaborates with representatives from other functions to plan studies, execute analyses and report results, for example in the role of a study statistician or project statistician
• Leads virtual cross-functional sub-teams within DS&A
• Implements standard processes for routine analyses
• Develops the statistical analysis plan for studies (or integrated analyses)
• Facilitates the overall organization and coordination of statistical activities
•Assumes responsibility for the production and accuracy of the statistical analysis and interpretation of the results
• Works independently on statistical questions and tasks
• Oversees and ensures accurate and timely delivery of statistical work outsourced to external providers
Skills and Experience required
• PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics
• At least two years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector
• Strong communication skills and ability to work both, independently and collaboratively
• Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and / or R)
• Fluency in English
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 245964
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance