Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Medical Advisor
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- This role will require the successful candidate to spend a mix of time between office and field based activities
- Act as a final medical signatory with proven industry experience.
- You should be seen as a leader in compliance and as the ABPI code expert for the oncology therapy areas you are responsible for.
- You must uphold the highest standards of compliance with the ABPI code of practice in all aspects of your work.
- Be accountable for the agreement of the Country Medical Affairs Plan and lead on delivery of local medical plans in oncology in the products and therapy areas you have responsibility for in oncology.
- Act as a leader within the brand team with proficient, with proven cross-functional working ability, directing strategy and fully accountable for medical decisions and strategic plans, including training of the broader medical and commercial teams.
- Lead on medical initiatives fully independently and with minimal support. Lead on the delivery of scientific discussions, presentations, data exchange and education with healthcare professionals.
- Lead on the publication plans of novel scientific manuscripts, posters and clinical trial reports in line with Bayer’s publication policy .
- Provide medical leadership in obtaining health technology approvals for Bayer products, in partnership with Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
- Assist with planning and managing IIRs/Registries and other Phase IV studies to support the local study unit as appropriate.
- Develop a close network with key opinion leaders and investigators with expert knowledge in your relevant oncology therapy areas to seek advice and solve problems.
- Attend local, global and international strategic planning meetings as appropriate. Attend international conferences. Attend symposia and training courses.
- Provide strategic input into the development and implementation of International Clinical Development Plans (ICDP), International Clinical Marketing Plans (ICMP) and domestic trials including budgetary considerations.
- Lead on and take full responsibility for medical input into in the dissemination of balanced, substantiated and relevant information about the Company’s products on request to the medical and pharmacy professions, and to Bayer (Medical, Marketing, Sales) personnel.
- Keep updated on ICH-GCP and the ABPI Code of Practice.
Who you are?
- Previous relevant Oncology pharmaceutical industry experience in the United Kingdom is preferred but other specialty therapy areas can be considered
- ABPI final signatory credentials are essential
- A medical degree from anywhere in the world or a UK registered pharmacist - Postgraduate degree in life sciences is preferred (Ph.D., medical degree (e.g. MBBS, MBChB) or Pharm.D.).
- Postdoctoral studies are preferred but not essential.
- Previous oncology focused research or clinical experience is preferred but not essential.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible and remote working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 490925
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance