Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Medical Advisor
Major Tasks and responsibilities
-Provide expert advice on all medical aspects of the conduct of clinical trials, commercial activities and product support.
- Be accountable for the agreement of the Country Medical Affairs Plan with Global medical Affairs, and deliver local medical plans in designated therapy area(s)
- Provide clinical leadership in obtaining health technology approvals for Bayer products, in partnership with Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
- Assist with planning and managing IIRs/Registries and other Phase IV studies as appropriate
- Liaise closely with key opinion leaders and investigators to solve problems
- Attend local, global and international strategic planning meetings as appropriate. Attend international conferences. Attend symposia and training courses
- Provide strategic input into the development and implementation of International Clinical Development Plans (ICDP), International Clinical Marketing Plans (ICMP) and domestic trials including budgetary considerations.
- Participate in marketing and sales operations including product strategy, campaign development, P.R., issues management and training.
- Assist in the dissemination of balanced, substantiated and relevant information about the company’s products on request to the medical and pharmacy professions, and to Bayer (Medical, Marketing, Sales) personnel.
- Lead on the delivery of scientific discussions, presentations, data exchange and education with healthcare professionals
- Lead on the publication of novel scientific manuscripts and posters - Keep updated on ICH-GCP and the ABPI Code of Practice.
Who you are
- Postgraduate degree in life sciences is preferred (Ph.D, MDor Pharm.D.) Postdoctoral studies are preferred but not essential. –
- Previous relevant oncology pharmaceutical industry experience in the United Kingdom is highly desirable (ABPI final signatory credentials are preferred).
- Academic/scientific writing experience either through educational background and/or job experience is required.
- Previous oncology focused research experience is preferred but not essential.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Car benefit
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 328226
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance