Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Data Science & Adv Analytic Mgr
The primary responsibility of this role is to fulfil the senior data science requirement of customer powerhouse across all allocated brands, to provide BUs & Key Stakeholders with leadership and measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for various key brands across TAs. These insights will provide a competitive advantage to Bayer by making better evidence-based business decisions derived through strategic data analysis and command of complex statistical techniques. The position will be pivital to realise SMO`s 3 key priorities (In particular - `Data 1st`; `Digital`; `CPH`), and also Bayer UK`s`True North` strategy (The UK is a `must win` market for both Xarelto and Eylea, while also being a CPH pilot country – & this role is pivotal to success within these projects). The job holder will report directly to the Head of Business Insights.
Major Tasks and responsibilities:
Working closely with key stakeholders in TA/BU to identify, prioritize, develop, & implement specific data science and analytics activities to address critical business objectives and answer key business questions.
1. To lead in the development and provision of key stakeholders with measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for various key brands across Therapeutic Areas
2. Be responsible for leading key aspects along the data modelling cycle and directing the CPH Team on Analytics: From definition of business questions and hypotheses, to data sourcing and preparation, model development, and insight generation. Output of these analyses will be the basis for strategic resource allocation.
3. Collaborate closely with all business functions (e.g. Business Insights, IMCM) to advise, and support Business Unit leadership in various types of advanced quantitative analyses, including but not limited to: Marketing Mix Analysis, Advanced Segmentation & Targeting, Personalized communication, etc.; and synthesis of critical insights from these models and visualizations
4. Identify and analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques. Move beyond `Descriptive` Analytics, to facilitate conducting of `Predictive` and `Prescriptive` Analytics. Move beyond answering business q`s, to proactively posing business qs` which Advanced Analytics can answer
5. Work collaboratively with internal business partners, inc. at a Snr. Level, and be interface to regional/global management and support key decision-making processes on strategic and operational level (e.g. develop predictive models and other tools that help target the right customers and allocate resources on regional level efficiently using ROI analysis etc.)
6. Partner with IT resources & influence IT, to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and inform the design of analytical products
7. Propose, Develop and evaluate global commercial experiments and pilot studies (digital, data mining, etc.), including KPIs to determine success
8. Lead on the development and provision of advanced skill coaching and mentoring for all Bayer personal that are required to adopt new methods of working related to data science, analytics and visualisation. This will include coaching and mentoring of Data Scientist and Advanced Analytics Manager, and the CPH `Translators` and supporting them on their own TA aligned projects when needed.
Value added to the success of the company:
- Leading the organisation to continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture
- The position will be pivital to realise SMO`s 3 key priorities (In particular - `Data 1st`; `Digital`; `CPH`), and Bayer`s `True North` strategy
- Identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions & potential additional revenues
- Identify, mine and analyse data from databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Identify and assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Use Advanced predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop advanced processes and procedures for managing information strategically across the business units
- Supporting Senior Leadership Team Members with the production and presentation of insights to board level
- Workshop and Share Best Practice, with Global and Regional teams (informing Strategy and direction, beyond just `following`)
Who you are?
- Postgraduate degree in relevant area. Preferably MBA or advanced data science.
- Ability to identify actionable insights which can be translated into brand & Company strategies which directly impact brand & Company performance
- Strong evidence of successful working with internal, agency and NHS customers
- Leadership skills and significant track record, to motivate, communicate and exercise sound business judgment
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability and track record of conducting `Predictive` and `Prescriptive` Analytics
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office to an Advanced user level
- Advanced project management skills with a demonstrated ability lead projects as well as a personal ability to juggle a range of different tasks; Understanding and experience of practicing agile principles
- More than 10 years industry experience in Business Insights, Commercial Analytics, or Data Scientist in relevant areas, with at least 5 years advanced experience in Advanced Analytics
- Advanced Tableau Desktop & Tableau prep or similar tools for data manipulation and presentation, Excel, Power Point, MS Teams, Outlook
- Already has basic working knowledge and application of advanced analytic programming languages: R, Python, Scala, SQL, web design
- Strong ability to work on own initiative and agile team working to tight deadlines
- Strong ability and track record of training, coaching, and mentoring in Advanced Analytics
- Strong understanding of commercial data, marketing & sales process and data design principle
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 339982
Functional Area: Marketing