Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
R&D EI&P Associate - Consumer Health R&D
Bayer Consumer Health
At Bayer Consumer Health, we believe everyone deserves to live a better life. We believe the key to living a better life is giving people the power to transform their everyday health. This is our mission. This is what drives every decision we make, every product we develop and every conversation we lead.
For 120 years, Bayer Consumer Health has been a trusted ally in helping people transform their everyday health by delivering innovative, high-quality, safe solutions that are scientifically proven to work. We see endless opportunities to improve lifetimes through new science and technologies that can help people live better and healthier lives. We are dedicated to innovating and applying these advancements to create the best solutions for people everywhere.
Research & Development at Bayer Consumer Health
R&D is where new consumer product development at Consumer Health happens. 700 scientists located in 52 countries and 5 development centers, work every day to turn great ideas and insights into even greater consumer products that addresses the most important consumer and medical unmet needs, while enabling access to safe and evidence-based value propositions.
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
Proactively identify new and emerging product and technology opportunities using a wide range of scouting tools; understanding category, consumer and innovation trends.
Provide initial scientific evaluation of new technologies / ingredients / trends and their market applications.
Surveillance of emerging technologies that could impact our brands.
Manage both non-confidential and confidential communications with external companies in such a way that it reinforces our mission of being a "Partner of Choice".
Build network of external partners to support external innovation broadly across consumer health categories.
Present opportunities including strategic rationale to internal cross- functional teams across BCH categories and regions.
Foster a culture of creativity and experimentation via presentation of pipeline opportunities grounded in science.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree or a Ph.D. in the field of science or engineering
- Equivalent experience 3-5 years of relevant industry experience (preference for experience in Consumer HealthCare and/or CPG industry)
- Experience to include innovation / technology evaluation
- Strong project management skills - ability to manage many delivery activities from internal and external resources
- Knowledge of the complexities of development in the consumer health industry
- Ability to work credibly across technical and commercial disciplines
- Awareness of types of agreements related to partnerships
- Creative approach and confidence to challenge the status quo
- Enthusiasm, passion, positivity: willing to test and learn and foster an environment of innovation
- Convincing "story telling" and ability to sell in ideas based on strategy and science.
- Digital literate (passion for the value digital technologies offer directly to consumers)
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 323184
Functional Area: Customer Operations and Support