Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Rail Contracts Manager
Major tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Excellent project management skills, planning, coordination and organisation
• Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, visual
• Customer focus: on external customers in particular
• A proven track record in delivering actual requirements vs planned requirements for operational contracts within the rail industry.
• Proven rail management and logistical skills
• Planning experience with the rail networks
• Project management skills and experience such as GRIP and/or PRINCE2
• A strong networker and communicator. Internal and external stakeholder champion.
• Working knowledge of Health and safety legislation, ROGS and CDM regulations.
• Working knowledge of Railway Group Standards (RGS) and Railway Industry Standards (RIS)
• Ability to write and manage Risk Assessments, Method statements, Work Package Plans (WPP) and Task Brief in accordance to requirements, hold or gain a basic knowledge of CSM-RA regulations
• Contractual understanding and experience in the rail industry is preferred
• Hold or gain Track Safety and other Sentinel competencies as required
• Good operational knowledge of seasonal spraying is preferred
• Ability to work effectively with colleagues and external people at all levels, and manage external agencies
• Ability to work on a number of tasks concurrently, often under pressure
• Excellent IT skills: MS Office, PowerPoint, Etc.
• Work towards or hold a UK driving licence
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 209761
Functional Area: Marketing