Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Major tasks and responsibilities:
- Takes the statistical lead for a specific indications and/or compounds within oncology, assuming the role of project statistician for one or more oncology clinical development projects and ensuring appropriate development supporting the respective indication within the department.
- Provides statistical and methodological consultation on special statistical methodology or on complex statistical, scientific and regulatory issues and mentors other statisticians and/or statistical analysts
- Facilitates the overall organization and coordination of statistical activities on the level of the indications in addition to the projects for which the incumbent is responsible, also ensuring appropriate prioritization within Medical Writing and Statistics Oncology organization
- Assembles and leads cross-functional virtual teams
- Influences decision making processes during oncology drug development by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches).
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and methodological issues, anticipates new needs in the area of responsibility and ensures development of innovative solutions.
- Drives development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology.
- Coordinates work with academic expects on themes related to the field of responsibility.
- Drives the development and implementation of project, indication specific, and global standards
- Represents the function with respect to statistical aspects of oncology development programs and products to internal and external stakeholders. These include regulatory agencies, collaborations/business partners, KOLs, etc.
Who you are?
PhD or MScin Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or related field
Outstanding interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required
Excellent knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and R)
Fluent English skills
At least eight years as a statistician with significant time spend in pharma, biotech or similar sector
Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and associated documents and regulations
Demonstrated leadership skills in leading teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions
High level of expertise in multiple fields relevant for clinical development
High affinity to internal and external collaboration, including commitment towards external visibility
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
- Flexible working
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 340726
Functional Area: Clinical Development & Operations