Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Principal Medical Affairs Statistician
Major tasks and responsibilities
• Take the statistical lead for an indication, compound and/or therapeutic area for life-cycle management strategies, publication plans, HTA studies and analysis for payers and reimbursement requirements.
• Lead statistical cross-functional teams to generate publications, presentations and posters in collaboration with Medical Affairs.
• Provide statistical and methodological consultation on statistical methodology or complex statistical, scientific and regulatory issues.
• Mentor other statisticians.
• Represent the function with respect to statistical aspects of life cycle management and reimbursement programs to internal and external stakeholders as regulatory agencies, collaborations partners and KOLs.
• Influence decision making processes during drug life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology network meta-analyses, patient reported outcome and market access strategies.
• Drive development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology. Coordinate work with academic expects. Develop standards.
Who you are?
• PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or closely related quantitative area.
• High level of expertise in statistical methods to support HEOR incl. network meta-analysis, patient reported outcome, HTA dossiers, real world evidence and observational studies.
• At least eight years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector.
• Experience in leading teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work both, independently and collaboratively with internal and external visibility.
• Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and / or R).
• Fluency in English.
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 364362
Functional Area: Medical Affairs & Pharmacovigilance