Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Statistician - Clinical Statistics
Are you an experienced biostatistician and interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then supporting us to effectively plan and analyze our clinical trials of new medications, for example in the cardiovascular area, might be the opportunity for you. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Takes the statistical lead for a project in the represented statistics sub-function, for example, in the role of a project statistician.
• Leads virtual teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions.
• Contributes to the development and evolution of project standards.
• Provides statistical and methodological consultation and contributes to multi-disciplinary teams within or across companies.
• Responds to inquiries from health authorities and other internal or external partners.
• Keeps abreast of regulatory and methodological issues and ensures implementation of these in the respective teams.
• Influences decision making processes during drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches).
• Develops and implements innovative statistical methodology for the respective field of responsibility, if appropriate in cooperation with academic experts.
Who you are:
• PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics.
• Extensive experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector.
• Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and/or life-cycle management and associated documents and regulations.
• Experience in leading teams.
• Experience in multiple fields relevant for statistics in clinical development.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and / or R).
• Fluency in English
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
competitive salary and performance bonus
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
Employee discount scheme
State of the art offices
International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 440966
Functional Area: Clinical Development & Operations