Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Quantitative Methodology Stat
A Lead Quantitative Methodology Statistician is a specialist in the theory and application of one or more specific areas of statistical methodology. He or she provides consultation for the use of these methods in pre-clinical research and clinical development and supports other statisticians with the appropriate and efficient application of these methods during development, submission and/or life-cycle management of Bayer products according to applicable global and regional standards, procedures and regulatory guidelines.
Global studies and projects
For this specific position expertise in Bayesian Statistics is required.
- Serves as a statistical advisor for study and project statisticians, and SDI-statisticians working in research as well as clinical teams and project teams on the use of Bayesian Statistics
- Supports clinical statisticians/early development statisticians in the development and application of Bayesian statistics for planning and analysis of clinical trials to ensure that these are based on state-of-art statistical methodology and meet regulatory requirements
- Contributes to the development and evolution of software tools to facilitate the use of Bayesian statistics
- Responds to inquiries from internal or external partners
- Keeps abreast of methodological and regulatory issues and advices on implementation of these in the respective teams
- Influences decision making processes and supports quantitative decision-making during drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate Bayesian statistical methodology
- Develops and implements innovative Bayesian statistical methodology for the respective field of responsibility, if appropriate in cooperation with academic experts
- Takes over tasks of a study and or project statistician as needed’’. Statistics and statistical methodology is an integral part of drug development and life-cycle management impacting the planning, design, analysis and reporting of studies, projects and programs in order to achieve regulatory approval, scientific acceptance as well as successful product launch and maintenance
- The Lead Methodology Statistician contributes to development of new drugs, the approval of new drugs by health and reimbursement authorities, and the life-cycle management of marketed drugs according to the major tasks and responsibilities of the position
- The Lead Methodology Statistician facilitates risk management decisions within the company through the development and implementation of innovative statistical methodology
- PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or related fields
- At least four years of experience as statistician or equivalent with significant time spent in the Pharma, Biotech, or similar sector
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and/or life-cycle management and associated documents and regulations
- Experience in multiple fields relevant for his/her statistics sub-function - in particular in application of Bayesian Statistics
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including R and/or SAS) and Bayesian software (including BUGS, JAGS and/or Stan)
- Fluency in English
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Reward is important to us, employees benefit from excellent employment conditions, such as:
- competitive salary and performance bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices (award winner for British Council for Offices, Best Fit Out Category 2018)
- International career possibilities
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please apply below.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 168648
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics